bibliography Mellifontbibliography Mellifontbibliography Mellifontbibliography Mellifontbibliography Mellifont
You are here:







Mellifont Abbey (ger.)




An Mhainistir Mhór. Mellifont Abbey (c1976]). [Dublin]: Dept. of Education.


Balfour, Katherine Florence Agnes (1885): Mellifont abbey, in the county of Louth. Its rise and downfall. Dublin: [s.n.].


Carolan, Francis (1943): A supplement to the history of Mellifont Abbey. [Place of publication not identified]: [publisher not identified].


Fletcher, Joseph Smith: The Cistercians in Yorkshire. London / New York: Society for promoting Christian knowledge 1919. → →


Grose, Daniel; Eastgate, S. (1792): Mellifont Abbey. 1st ed. [London]: Hooper, S.


Guide to the ruins of Mellifont Abbey (1953). Collon: the Abbey.


Gwynn, Aubrey / Hadcock, R. Neville: Medieval Religious Houses Ireland, Longman 1970.


Ireland.; Douchas. (Hg.) (1999?): Mellifont Abbey. Visitors' guide. Dublin: Department of Arts Heritage Gaeltacht and the Islands.


Janauschek, Leopold: Originum Cisterciensium. Tomus I. Vindobonae 1877. p. 70.


Leroux-Dhuys, Jean-François: Die Zisterzienser: Geschichte und Architektur. Köln: Könemann 2006. ISBN: 3-8331-2076-2. [S. 97, S. 109, S. 256-259].


Luddy, Ailbe J. (1938): Mellifont Abbey. Wexford: Printed by English.


Luddy, Ailbe J. (1938): Mellifont Abbey. [With plates and plans.]. Wexford.


Mellifont Abbey, Co. Louth its ruins and associations. A guide and popular history. [With illustrations and plans.] (1897). Dublin.


Mellifont Abbey. Chapter House; Vaulting of interior (a. 1210-1230): Art, Architecture and Engineering Library.


Mellifont Abbey Press (1980): Mellifont Abbey and its environs. An illustrated guide and history. Louth: Mellifont Abbey Press.


O'Dwyer, Barry W.: Stephen of Lexington - Letters from Ireland 1228 - 1229. Cistercian Publications Inc Kalamazoo, Michigan 1982       


Paor, Liam de; Hunt, John; Plenderleith, H. J.; Dolley, Michael (1969): Excavations at Mellifont Abbey, Co. Louth. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy (Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy, vol. 68, sect. C, 2).


Seven Documents from the Old Abbey of Mellifont. Transcribed from the originals preserved in the National Library of Ireland, Dublin. By Rev. Fr. Columcille, O. Cist. [With translations and facsimiles.].


Stalley, R. A. (1975): Mellifont Abbey. Some observations on its architectural history. [Dublin: Studies.


Stalley, Robert: The Cistercian Monasteries Of Ireland. Yale University Press London & New Haven 1987


Stalley, R. A. (1980): Mellifont Abbey. A study of its architectural history. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy (Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy, Section C,80,14).


Stalley, Roger (1996): Decorating the lavabo. Late Romanesque sculpture from Mellifont Abbey. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy (Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy Section C, Archaeology, Celtic studies, history, linguistics, literature, 96,7).









To top