photo: OCSO

name

Rochefort

official name

Abbaye N.-D. de Saint-Rémy

founded in

1230

inhabited by

monks

primary abbey

first mother abbey

inhabited by

nuns, since 1464

dissolved in

1797

reinhabited in

1887

inhabited by

monks

affiliated to

Ordo Cisterciensis Strict. Observ.

refounded by

Achel

to visit

address

 

 

Abbaye N.-D. de Saint-Rémy

B-5580 Rochefort

Belgium

phone

[32] (84) 22.01.40

fax

email

remyabbaye@scarlet.be

internet

www.abbaye-rochefort.be